Friday 12 September 2014

Question time!

I got over the flue super fast. I guess that was all thanks for sleeping that much. The past few days I have been wondering a lot about Tokyo, maybe because soon it's only 100 days to go. Moving is starting to be very near and the list about things to do gets shorter all the time. I want to make sure I actually write an answer for myself about these questions buzzing in my head so I've decided to list those questions in here and answer to those in Japan, a small ordeal for myself. And I hope these little questions and in future the answer to these help others because I've had some trouble finding answers for some of these :). I'll keep the full list on "Project Data" page.

Here are the first ones what I have been thinking during the ongoing week:
Will my look draw that much attention? (because I didn't pay much notice for that last time)
Do I start to feel it annoying that people don't acknowledge my Japanese language skills?
Will people actually start to acknowledge my skill?
Will I face look-related special treatment or troubles with basics like doing mobile phone contract?
What is going to be the hardest thing to get used to our new life during the first month?
Will I receive negative attention about my weight?

For the last one I can comment a little bit. I'm considered completely normal in Finland and I don't find myself really as "fat", but knowing that in Japan people are in normal scale thinner and the ideals about "being fat" are lower, I'm kind of scared to be thought as a fat person there. For only the trip I have made a decision to lose 3 kilos (to be 60kg), but that doesn't bring me any close for those super thin Japanese people, so I'm a little bit scared. Last time I didn't really face any problems, but I noticed that when I had to pick the size L instead of S in cloth shops, it already in a short period affected my thinking. We will see what happens~

ps. I finally ordered new computer and then I can get rid off this one! Yey!

Shibya (Tokyo), 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment