Wednesday 21 January 2015

Happy [food] post!

Yattaa! After studying so hard for two weeks I managed to complete my test with a great grade and so I can stay in B class like I wanted to. I'm so happy for that, since during these two weeks I've also made friends from my class, they are such a lively bunch! And teachers are all very nice. We don't have only one teacher, but four of them. Three of them teaches one day in a week and our "classroom teacher" teaches us two times in a week. It is actually kinda nice to have so much change, but I just don't get it how they can keep on track with all our hand-in homeworks and what the other teachers have told us before.

But in this post I thought I could be really mean and post you food. I unfortunately have forgotten to picture most of things we have eaten, but here is some nice ones. For sweet section there is ice cream heaven Baskin Robbins which I absolutely love. In Finland we don't have Baskin Robbins, but Ben&Jerry's are kinda same when it comes to ice cream flavours, but they don't set ice cream out same flashy way. More from sweet section there is Crêpes. I absolutely love crêpes in here, but you have to know the best places to go in order to have a nice crispy crêpe. Otherwice you might end up with a too soft one, those kinda tends to collapse if the support (paper cone) is taken a away. And then there is some Japanese delicates, like that fishy thing. The inside was some kind of creme and outside was crunchy and very sugarish. Oishii!

The salty side I can offer you very much less pictures. We tend to cook a lot at home, salomon rice and beef rice are the most common home made foods. My absolutely favorite outside home is Yakitori and Takoyaki, but also ramen is very nice, though in some places it is very much greasy. Many foods have a lots of salt and after a while I had to go to a Turkeys restaurant to get something else than sweet japanese foods. Sushi we have also of course tried out, but I have to admit it (Don't eat me!) I'm not a big fan.

Other things I've been doing here includes one classical concert by Tokyos philharmonic orchestra in Bunkamura concert hall, strolling in Nakano Broadway (visited Mandarake manga store and finally found some of the Sword Art Online manga I've been looking for) with one of our classmates and challenged each other in Game Archades drumming game. We added an extra bite to the drumming competiton, the loser pays Baskin Robbins! I can't wait to weather to get better so that we can spend even more time strolling around the city (now it has been raining many days...)!

Mata ne!






Koenji






Nakano






2 comments:

  1. Omedetōgozaimasu! You have studyed hard, I'm so proud of you. Happy to hear that you have had time to eat and enjoy culture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious :)
    The shop and street views look so much different than those I'm got used to. There is always a huge amount of everything: items in shops, shelves full of things, streets filled with shop signs, lights, colours, shapes. As a brick and mortar shopkeeper I'm very happy to see so much individual and unique small shops.

    ReplyDelete